Press Release Information
A QUESTION OF LANDSCAPE
Explore the complexities of interpreting landscape and the world we live in. ‘A Question of Landscape’ offers up an alternative, non-conformist, approach to the subject. Inspired by the artist’s own experiences, it’s time to shake off the dusty perception of simply looking at a landscape, and instead, realise how we constantly shape, disrupt and even, break it down.
The main body of my work so far as a painter has encompassed the semi-abstraction of the landscape, breaking it up to a point of re-assemblage. Just like the landscape has been ‘assembled’ by humankind my paintings focus on getting to the real dynamics of its ever-changing surface – shapes, form, texture and colour.
I am constantly re-examining what the landscape is about and how it shapes us. Shattering the ‘idyllic’ myth of landscape isn’t an easy one, particularly as we constantly evolve and change at such a fast pace. Nothing is set in stone. Landscape takes centre stage in this new solo exhibition. But anarchy and experimentation lie at its heart. Rules are set aside, redefined and expanded.
Welcome to a new generation of landscape art.
‘A Question of Landscape’ brings together two years of work by Warrington born Visual artist, Jenny Drinkwater. Also a Castlefield Gallery Associate member and Artist-in-residence at Pyramid cultural centre, Warrington. An A-N.co.uk member.
More artist images, CV and statement can be found at:
About Bankley Studios & Gallery
Bankley Gallery currently has over 30 Artists in residence working across a range of disciplines including painting, textiles, photography, installation, sculpture and ceramics. The studios are located in Levenshulme, Manchester and were set up in 1992, officially becoming a co-operative in 1998.
- Exhibiting at Inch Arts in Altrincham October 13, 2021
- Lockdown 3.0: Photographic Story January 27, 2021
- “LAND:MASH” A montage of landscape-inspired collaged paintings, prints and drawings. September 2, 2020
- Engagement with painting & the landscape November 11, 2019
- Spliced & Diced now on in Stockport, Manchester March 20, 2019
- HAPPY NEW YEAR! January 25, 2019
- Ignite your artist practise October 19, 2018
- New Solo Show Announcement for 2019 September 27, 2018