How can I be an abstract landscape artist without utilising the landscape in my practice? The landscape provides different backdrops for many artistic initiatives. From beaches, derelict buildings, woodlands, parks and my own garden wall in Lockdown 1.0. My latest Outdoor initiative 'X:Tract 2021' shows that paintings can be placed anywhere, creating layered experiences and marrying painting with sculpture and installation.
I also bring the Outdoors Inside into exhibitions, such as from my Solo show at Bankley Gallery (Manchester) in 2015 featured on this page.
- Lockdown 3.0: Photographic Story January 27, 2021
- “LAND:MASH” A montage of landscape-inspired collaged paintings, prints and drawings. September 2, 2020
- Engagement with painting & the landscape November 11, 2019
- Spliced & Diced now on in Stockport, Manchester March 20, 2019
- HAPPY NEW YEAR! January 25, 2019
- Ignite your artist practise October 19, 2018
- New Solo Show Announcement for 2019 September 27, 2018
- Get Set for a New Blogging Workshop August 23, 2018