MADE IN para:dise
13 November – 18 January 2016
Opening Night: Thursday 12 November, 6-8pm
Warrington artist Jenny Drinkwater’s sensational upcoming painting exhibition is attracting widespread attention and praise. This new solo show comprises colourful and vibrant paintings of her greatest inspiration: nature and the landscape.
The large-scale abstract paintings and collages on display reveal a flux of beauty and imagination at the heart of paradise – but is it real Jenny asks: “Nature can often remind one of paradise. But is paradise a real or imagined environment which only ties into our thoughts on idealism”.
Influenced by Abstract Expressionism, Jenny’s paintings explore nature through gestural mark making, each canvas is instilled with depth, colour and drama. The more dimensional aspects of her landscapes embrace an uncontainable spontaneous approach, as seen in this show, where the work moves off the canvas to create an intriguing installation.
- Lockdown 3.0: Photographic Story January 27, 2021
- “LAND:MASH” A montage of landscape-inspired collaged paintings, prints and drawings. September 2, 2020
- Engagement with painting & the landscape November 11, 2019
- Spliced & Diced now on in Stockport, Manchester March 20, 2019
- HAPPY NEW YEAR! January 25, 2019
- Ignite your artist practise October 19, 2018
- New Solo Show Announcement for 2019 September 27, 2018
- Get Set for a New Blogging Workshop August 23, 2018